Supervision : Hassan ABOUSHADY
Front End Receiver for Cognitive Radio based on Bandpass Sigma-Delta
The heavy use of wireless communications bands has made the notion of Cognitive Radio (CR) attractive. Cognitive radio can be achieved by sensing and detecting available frequency bands before initiating communication. RF bandpass Sigma-Delta modulators have been suggested as potential candidates for highly digitized receivers dedicated to cognitive radio applications.
Nevertheless, the measured Dynamic Range (DR) of state-of-the-art RF bandpass Sigma-Delta ADCs is not sufficient to satisfy the requirements of wireless communication standards.
Furthermore, in order to sweep the spectrum and detect different wireless communication standards, it is necessary to have a bandpass Sigma-Delta ADCs with a tunable center frequency.
In this work we propose an Cognitive Radio RF front-end receiver based on a wide-band LNA and a tunable bandpass Sigma-Delta ADC. The proposed RF front-end can operate from 1.5-to-3GHz and can satisfy the specifications of several wireless communication standards in this band.
The main contribution of this work can be summarized in the following:
- Efficient Technique for tuning the center frequency of BP Sigma-Delta ADCs
- Design, implementation and measurement of:
- An Inductor-Less Wide-Band 0.7-3.0GHz Variable Gain Low Noise Amplifier
- A 6.8-to-9.0GHz Subsampled Tunable RF BP Sigma-Delta ADC
- A 1.5-to-3.0GHz RF Front-End Receiver based on a tunable RF BP Sigma-Delta ADC
Defence : 07/01/2016 - 10h - Site Jussieu 25-26/105
Jury members :
MURMANN Boris (Stanford University, USA) [Rapporteur]
MORCHE Dominique (CEA-LETI, France) [Rapporteur]
SALAMA Khaled (KAUST, KSA [examinateur]
PARRA Ramon (CINVESTAV, Mexico) [examinateur]
HAMED Hesham (Minia University, Egypt) [examinateur]
BENLARBI DELAI Aziz (UPMC) [examinateur]
MEHREZ Habib (LIP6)
STRATIGOPOULOS Haralampos (LIP6)
ABOUSHADY Hassan (LIP6)
- M. Tlili, A. Sayed, D. Mahmoud, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Anti-Piracy of Analog and Mixed-Signal Circuits in FD-SOI”, 27th Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), Virtual, Taiwan, Province of China (2022)
- M. Elshamy, G. Di Natale, A. Sayed, A. Pavlidis, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Digital-to-Analog Hardware Trojan Attacks”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, pp. 1-14, (IEEE) (2021)
- J. Leonhard, N. Limaye, Sh. Turk, A. Sayed, A. Díaz‑Rizo, H. Aboushady, O. Sinanoglu, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Digitally-Assisted Mixed-Signal Circuit Security”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, (IEEE) (2021)
- M. Elshamy, A. Sayed, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Locking by Untuning: A Lock-Less Approach for Analog and Mixed-Signal IC Security”, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, (IEEE) (2021)
- A. Sayed, T. Badran, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady : “A 1.5-to-3.0GHz Tunable RF Sigma-Delta ADC With a Fixed Set of Coefficients and a Programmable Loop Delay”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, vol. 67 (9), pp. 1559-1563, (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) (2020)
- M. Elshamy, A. Sayed, M.‑M. Louërat, A. Rhouni, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Securing Programmable Analog ICs Against Piracy”, 2020 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Grenoble, France (2020)
- J. Leonhard, A. Sayed, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Analog and Mixed-Signal IC Security Via Sizing Camouflaging”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, (IEEE) (2020)
- A. Sayed : “Front End Receiver for Cognitive Radio based on Bandpass Sigma-Delta”, thesis, defence 07/01/2016, supervision Aboushady, Hassan (2016)