Nevertheless, the measured Dynamic Range (DR) of state-of-the-art RF bandpass Sigma-Delta ADCs is not sufficient to satisfy the requirements of wireless communication standards.
Furthermore, in order to sweep the spectrum and detect different wireless communication standards, it is necessary to have a bandpass Sigma-Delta ADCs with a tunable center frequency.
In this work we propose an Cognitive Radio RF front-end receiver based on a wide-band LNA and a tunable bandpass Sigma-Delta ADC. The proposed RF front-end can operate from 1.5-to-3GHz and can satisfy the specifications of several wireless communication standards in this band.
The main contribution of this work can be summarized in the following:
- Efficient Technique for tuning the center frequency of BP Sigma-Delta ADCs
- Design, implementation and measurement of:
- An Inductor-Less Wide-Band 0.7-3.0GHz Variable Gain Low Noise Amplifier
- A 6.8-to-9.0GHz Subsampled Tunable RF BP Sigma-Delta ADC
- A 1.5-to-3.0GHz RF Front-End Receiver based on a tunable RF BP Sigma-Delta ADC
Defence : 07/01/2016 - 10h - Site Jussieu 25-26/105
Jury members :
MURMANN Boris (Stanford University, USA) [Rapporteur]
MORCHE Dominique (CEA-LETI, France) [Rapporteur]
SALAMA Khaled (KAUST, KSA [examinateur]
PARRA Ramon (CINVESTAV, Mexico) [examinateur]
HAMED Hesham (Minia University, Egypt) [examinateur]
BENLARBI DELAI Aziz (UPMC) [examinateur]
MEHREZ Habib (LIP6)
STRATIGOPOULOS Haralampos (LIP6)
ABOUSHADY Hassan (LIP6)
- A. Sayed, T. Badran, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady : “A 1.5-to-3.0GHz Tunable RF Sigma-Delta ADC With a Fixed Set of Coefficients and a Programmable Loop Delay”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, vol. 67 (9), pp. 1559-1563, (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) (2020)
- M. Elshamy, A. Sayed, M.‑M. Louërat, A. Rhouni, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Securing Programmable Analog ICs Against Piracy”, 2020 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Grenoble, France (2020)
- J. Leonhard, A. Sayed, M.‑M. Louërat, H. Aboushady, Haralampos‑G. Stratigopoulos : “Analog and Mixed-Signal IC Security Via Sizing Camouflaging”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, (IEEE) (2020)
- A. Sayed : “Front End Receiver for Cognitive Radio based on Bandpass Sigma-Delta”, thesis, defence 07/01/2016, supervision Aboushady, Hassan (2016)