What are our skills ?
Our Main Areas of collaboration
For more information :
- Check the page How to works with us
- Contact us!
We work with a wide range of partners (big groups, SMEs, startups, academic partners) in various sectors: IoT, communications, security, system reliability, e-health, banking, energy, defence, transport, space, etc.
Our Research Areas
Research at LIP6 involves both fundamental and applied research, and is structured around 4 cross-cutting research areas:
- Artificial intelligence and data science (AID) : this area covers several fields of AI, such as human and machine learning, multi-agent systems, decision support and recommendation systems, management of uncertainty and imprecision in data, etc.
- Architecture, Systems, and Network (ASN) : this area focuses on new computer hardware architectures, operating systems, embedded and distributed systems, as well as issues in the field of networks.
- Safety, security and reliability (SSR) : this area focuses on the different forms of security in computer science: software and hardware reliability, computer security (data encryption, attack-resistant algorithms, etc.), and the harmlessness of programme behaviour with respect to the ecosystem in which they are immersed.
- Theory and mathematics of computing (TMC) : this area focuses on mathematical tools dedicated to computer science problems: decidability and complexity of programs and algorithms, numerical reliability of calculations, optimisation of algorithms, discrete or continuous mathematical tools for modelling or verification of systems.
Innovation @ LIP6
LIP6 has been involved in the creation of numerous experimental software
LIP6 supports researchers in their entrepreneurial approach and in the development of their research. 14 start-ups have emerged from the laboratory, demonstrating our potential for innovation.