What are our skills ?
Our Main Areas of collaboration
For more information :
- Check the page How to works with us
- Contact us!
We work with a wide range of partners (big groups, SMEs, startups, academic partners) in various sectors: IoT, communications, security, system reliability, e-health, e-education, banking, energy, defence, transport, space, etc.
Our Research Areas
Research at LIP6 involves both fundamental and applied research, and is structured around 4 cross-cutting research areas:
- Artificial intelligence and data science (AID) : this area covers several fields of AI, such as human and machine learning, multi-agent systems, decision support and recommendation systems, management of uncertainty and imprecision in data, etc.
- Architecture, Systems, and Network (ASN) : this area focuses on new computer hardware architectures, operating systems, embedded and distributed systems, as well as issues in the field of networks.
- Safety, security and reliability (SSR) : this area focuses on the different forms of security in computer science: software and hardware reliability, computer security (data encryption, attack-resistant algorithms, etc.), and the harmlessness of programme behaviour with respect to the ecosystem in which they are immersed.
- Theory and mathematics of computing (TMC) : this area focuses on mathematical tools dedicated to computer science problems: decidability and complexity of programs and algorithms, numerical reliability of calculations, optimisation of algorithms, discrete or continuous mathematical tools for modelling or verification of systems.
Innovation @ LIP6
Since its creation, LIP6 has been involved in the creation of numerous experimental software packages (mostly open). Currently, more than 80 software programs are in use or have given rise to major advances in their fields. Others are no longer maintained at LIP6 but have either passed into the hands of interested communities or have been the subject of valorisation. Software developed at LIP6 is often used in the context of industrial or academic projects or collaborations.
LIP6 supports researchers in their entrepreneurial approach and in the development of their research. 14 start-ups have emerged from the laboratory, demonstrating our potential for innovation.