Team : REGAL - Resources management in large scale distributed systems
Axe : .
Team leader :
REGAL is joint project-team with INRIA Rocquencourt.
The Regal team aims to manage resources in large scale networks. REGAL investigates solutions to deploy applications (with code and data) in highly distributed environments. The project targets large scale configurations (in terms of the number of nodes and distance between them), highly dynamic (with failure, deconnexion and partitionning). Regal is focused on replication techniques to tolerate failure, to increase the availability, and to provide efficient access to distributed services.
Distributed systems, Monitoring and failure detection, Fault Tolerance, Replication, Dynamic adaptation of virtual machines.
- F. Greve, P. Sens, L. Arantes, V. Simon : “Eventually Strong Failure Detector with Unknown Membership”, The Computer Journal, vol. 55 (12), pp. 1507-1524, (Oxford University Press (UK)) [Greve 2012b]
- R. Hu, J. Sopena, L. Arantes, P. Sens, I. Demeure : “Fair Comparison of Gossip Algorithms over Large-Scale Random Topologies”, Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS), 2012 IEEE 31st Symposium on, Irvine, California, United States, pp. 331-340, (IEEE Computer Society Press) [Hu 2012]
- Y. Dieudonné, F. Petit : “Self-stabilizing gathering with strong multiplicity detection”, Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 428, pp. 47-57, (Elsevier) [Dieudonné 2012]
- Y. Tian, J. Lawall, D. Lo : “Identifying Linux bug fixing patches”, ICSE '12 Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Software Engineering, Zurich, Switzerland, pp. 386-396, (ACM) [Tian 2012]
- J.‑P. Lozi, F. David, G. Thomas, Julia L. Lawall, G. Muller : “Remote Core Locking: Migrating Critical-Section Execution to Improve the Performance of Multithreaded Applications”, Usenix Annual Technical Conference 2012, Boston, United States, pp. 65-76, (ACM) [Lozi 2012]
- P. Sutra, M. Shapiro : “Fast Genuine Generalized Consensus”, SRDS 2011 - 30th IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems, Madrid, Spain, pp. 255-264, (IEEE Computer Society) [Sutra 2011a]
- S. Dubois, T. Masuzawa, S. Tixeuil : “Bounding the Impact of Unbounded Attacks in Stabilization”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 23 (3), pp. 460-466, (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) [Dubois 2012d]
- W. Maldonado, P. Marlier, P. Felber, Julia L. Lawall, G. Muller, É. Rivière : “Deadline-Aware Scheduling for Software Transactional Memory”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2011), Hong Kong, Hong Kong, pp. 257-268, (IEEE) [Maldonado 2011a]
- N. Palix, G. Thomas, S. Saha, Ch. Calvès, Julia L. Lawall, G. Muller : “Faults in Linux: Ten Years Later”, ASPLOS 2011 - 16th International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems, Newport Beach, California, United States, pp. 305-318, (ACM) [Palix 2011]
- S. Legtchenko, S. Monnet, G. Thomas : “Blue banana: resilience to avatar mobility in distributed MMOGs”, The 40th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2010), Chicago, United States, pp. 171-180, (IEEE) [Legtchenko 2010]
Pierre.Sens (at) nulllip6.fr