Team : DELYS - DistributEd aLgorithms and sYstems
Axes : ASN (👥👥), SSR (👥👥), AID (👥).
Team leader :
Pierre Sens Campus Pierre et Marie Curie 26-00/219
DELYS is joint project-team with INRIA Paris.
DELYS addresses both theoretical and practical issues of distributed systems. The research covers a large spectrum of distributed computer systems including cloud and edge computing systems, mobile networks, dynamic communicating entities such network of robots, multicore computers…
These new distributed computing systems are subject to many important features which include scalability, fault tolerance, dynamics, heterogeneity, and virtualisation at many levels. Algorithms designed for traditional static distributed systems need to be redefined to consider the unstable nature of the distributed system.
Distributed systems, Distributed Algorithms, Fault Tolerance, Replication, Failure detection, OS Virtualization.
- S. Dubois, R. Guerraoui, P. Kuznetsov, F. Petit, P. Sens : “The Weakest Failure Detector for Eventual Consistency”, 34th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC-2015), Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain, Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain, pp. 375-384 [Dubois 2015c]
- L. Gidra, G. Thomas, J. Sopena, M. Shapiro, Nh. Nguyen : “NumaGiC: a Garbage Collector for Big Data on Big NUMA Machines”, Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 661-673, (ACM) [Gidra 2015]
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Guermouche, Th. Hérault, Y. Robert, P. Sens, J. Dongarra : “Failure Detection and Propagation in HPC systems”, SC 2016 - The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, Salt Lake City, United States [Bosilca 2016]
- N. Preguiça, C. Baquero, M. Shapiro : “Conflict-free Replicated Data Types (CRDTs)”, chapter in Encyclopedia of Big Data Technologies, Encyclopedia of Big Data Technologies, (Springer International Publishing), (ISBN: 978-3-319-63962-8) [Preguiça 2019]
- W. Sun, V. Simon, S. Monnet, Ph. Robert, P. Sens : “Analysis of a Stochastic Model of Replication in Large Distributed Storage Systems: A Mean-Field Approach”, ACM Sigmetrics 2017- International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, United States, pp. 51-51, (ACM) [Sun 2017b]
Pierre.Sens (at) nulllip6.fr