Team : PEQUAN - Performance and Quality of Algorithms for Numerical applications
Axes : SSR (👥👥), TMC (👥👥).
Team leader :
Fabienne Jézéquel Campus Pierre et Marie Curie 26-00/309
The domain of the PEQUAN team deals with computer arithmetic and scientific computing.
The team has developed the CADNA library based on a probabilistic approach of round-off error propagation.
The skills of the team cover:
- the development of numerical algorithms using floating point or fixed point arithmetic and their numerical validation,
- the performance optimization of numerical applications on
various architectures (multicore processors, GPUs, computing grids,
- the numeration systems and the associated algorithms in relationship with cryptology or signal processing,
- the problems related to image assimilation.
Computer arithmetic, Rounding errors, Numerical validation, Numerical quality, Heterogeneous and multimodal data, Distributed numerical computing, Asynchronous numerical algorithms, Reliable results, Symbolic/numerical algorithms, Arithmetic operators for cryptography.
- P. Fortin, R. HABEL, F. Jézéquel, J.‑L. Lamotte, N. Scott : “Numerical validation and performance optimization on GPUs of an application in atomic physics”, chapter in Designing Scientific Applications on GPUs, pp. 369-414, (Chapman & Hall/CRC) [Fortin 2013c]
- S. Graillat, F. Jézéquel, Sh. Wang, Y. Zhu : “Stochastic Arithmetic in Multiprecision”, Mathematics in Computer Science, vol. 5 (4), pp. 359-375, (Springer) [Graillat 2011]
- S. Graillat, V. Ménissier‑Morain : “Accurate summation, dot product and polynomial evaluation in complex floating point arithmetic”, Information and Computation n°216, pp. 57-71, (Elsevier) [Graillat 2012]
- P. Fortin, E. Athanassoula, J.‑Ch. Lambert : “Comparisons of different codes for galactic N-body simulations”, Astronomy and Astrophysics - A&A, vol. 531, pp. a120, (EDP Sciences) [Fortin 2011a]
- D. Béréziat, I. Herlin : “Solving ill-posed Image Processing problems using Data Assimilation”, Numerical Algorithms, vol. 56 (2), pp. 219-252, (Springer Verlag) [Béréziat 2011]
- Th. Hilaire, Ph. Chevrel, James F. Whidborne : “Finite Wordlength Controller Realizations using the Specialized Implicit Form”, International Journal of Control, vol. 83 (2), pp. 330-346, (Taylor & Francis) [Hilaire 2010]
- J.‑C. Bajard, Ch. Negre, Th. Plantard : “Subquadratic Space Complexity Binary Field Multiplier Using Double Polynomial Representation”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 59 (12), pp. 1585-1597, (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) [Bajard 2010]
Fabienne.Jezequel (at) nulllip6.fr