LIP6 is a research laboratory in computer science of University Pierre & Marie Curie and CNRS (UMR 7606). With 189 permanent researchers and 236 PhD students, it is a major research laboratories in France.
The laboratory covers a broad spectrum of activities grouped in 5 departments :
- «Scientific Computing» department : Symbolic computing, albebraic systems, round-off errors, numerical validation, grid computing, parallelism, data reconstruction, 3D sequences, modelization, random generation.
- «DEcision, Systèmes Intelligents Recherche opérationnelle» department : Decision making, optimization problems in artificial intelligence and operational research, multicriteria and collective décsion making, decision under uncertainty, adaptative and cognitive agents, tutorial systems.
- «Databases and machine learning» department : Statistical and symbolic machine learning, fuzzy logic, information fusion and aggregation, content based information retrieval in text and video, user interaction and modelling, risk analysis, distributed databases, data replication and load balancing.
- «Networks and Distributed Systems» department : Model engineering, modeling and checking of distributed systems, interoperability, adaptability, middleware, peer-to-Peer, GRID, internet, quality of service, mobility, metrology, wireless networks, the future internet, sensors networks and localization, graphs, algorithmics, complex networks, dynamic graphs.
- «Systems On Chips» department : Analog and digital hardware and software co-desing, multiprocessors, embedded operationg system, test, verification and compilation.
wadm (at) nulllip6.fr